Why jump on the May in Motion (alternative) bandwagon?
10 simple reasons
From Judy Davis
ITD May in Motion coordinator
At the end of our second week of the May in Motion, I hope all of you are tracking your commutes, whether you are walking, riding a bike, taking the bus, van-pooling or using Commuteride.
Top 10 reasons to Participate in May in Motion 2010!
10. Any company that participates in May In Motion will receive a Free ValleyRide Bus pass for all their employees to use during the month of May! You can either use it for your commute and record your usage or try it for fun and save some cash! For more information about routes and times, check out its Web site at rideline.org or call 345-RIDE. Note some routes will be changing May 17, call VRT or see Web site for changes.
9. All 4-10 work schedules count towards participation. Just record your trips saved by working a 4-10 work schedule on our May In Motion Tracking form. Don't forget to turn it in. On average they save four days off the road each month.
8. Employees who walk to work enjoy the benefits of their beautiful commute giving them a chance to contemplate their approaching day while saving miles off the road and improving their health. Just think of all the parking fees they save.
7. Bikers who commute to work can show off their ride or stylish riding gear while improving their health and our air quality! For more information on bike paths, check out their link at Commuteride.com. Click on the Bike & Walk tab to reach ACHD's Bikeway map and other valuable biking links!
6. Vanpoolers ride on the coolest ride in the Treasure Valley. Experience the luxury of relaxing on your ride to work instead of fighting traffic and congestion. If you haven't tried vanpooling yet, call today to reserve your spot and find the nearest vanpool route for you. Don't forget the first month is free to try their service. They still have room for more riders and routes so give them a call at 345-POOL.
5. You can come hang out with Commuteride staff, vendors and everyone else in the valley who wants to celebrate May in Motion Alternative Transportation Celebration on May 21 from 7:30 to 10:30 on 8th Street between Bannock and Idaho.
4. Be a part of the community that leads by example in alternative transportation usage. Last year we had 66 companies participate in May in Motion. Let's do it again in 2010! Help us reach for Platinum level and be a part of the solution to the Treasure Valley's pollution!
3. Need help finding a carpool partner? Try rideshareonline.com. It is easy to register and enter your commute information. Then select match and up will pop anyone who matches your commute. You can contact them through e-mail or give them a call. Best of all, rideshareonline.com is absolutely free. If you don't find a partner on the first try, keep checking. New people enter their information every day!
2. By participating in May in Motion 2010, you can brag to your co-workers that you are now a member of an elite club called “The Alternative Transportation Professionals Club” or ATPC for short.
As an added bonus, you help ITD earn valuable recognition within the community.
And the #1 reason to participate in our 2010 May in Motion Promotion is…
It makes you feel good plus… it helps our air quality and congestion in the Treasure Valley.
Start looking now for your alternative transportation options for your commute. Begin today and start enjoying the benefits of saving money and helping our environment. Please take a moment and check out the Web site at commuteride.com. If you have any questions, email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org