things to know about teenage drivers
things people don’t know about teen driving
are three times more likely to die in a car crash than other drivers.
2. Simple driver error is a factor in two-thirds of fatal teen crashes.
3. Two-thirds of teen occupants killed in crashes are not wearing
4. In 2005, 12 percent of high school males reported driving after
5. Two or more teen passengers make fatal teen crash risk five times
6. Two-thirds of teens who die in car crashes are passengers of teen
7. Speeding is a factor in 40 percent of all teen driver fatalities.
8. Being awake for 18 hours equals a blood alcohol concentration (BAC)
level of 0.08, which is legally drunk.
9. Inexperience combined with distractions is lethal.
10.The distractions proven to kill teens: teen passengers and cell
Source: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and State Farm Insurance