Enhancement Advisory Committee (EAC)
The Enhancement Advisory Committee (EAC) shall review the Transportation Enhancement Program applications and
recommend projects to the Idaho Transportation Board. The EAC shall establish project selection criteria
as a guide for setting statewide project priority. The EAC shall submit a prioritized list of projects to
the Idaho Transportation Board during the annual update of the Capital Investment Program.
Included with that submittal will be an analysis of the distribution, mix, and quality of proposed projects,
and as necessary, an explanation when the prioritized list of projects varies from the funding guidance noted above.
EAC membership shall represent appropriate interested parties and expertise so that
the perception of conflict of interest is eliminated as much as possible.
EAC members shall be appointed for two (2) years, with re-appointment by the director.
The membership of the Enhancement Advisory Committee shall be as follows:
- the Local Highway Administrator of the Local Highway Technical Assistance Council ()
- one person (to rotate annually) representing metropolitan planning organizations ()
- one person representing historical interests from the
- one person representing scenic interests (rotating every two years) to be chosen from either
the Bureau of Land Management (),
the Idaho Department of Lands (), or the
- one person representing tourist and recreational interests;
- the representing bicycle/pedestrian interests;
- one person appointed from the “” advisory committee;
- an ITD District Senior Environmental Planner representing environmental interests; and
- the Enhancement Program Coordinator from the Federal Highway Administration’s division office will be an ex-officio member of the committee.
The ITD Enhancement Program Coordinator will facilitate project reviews and recommendations.
Staff will lend direct assistance and support to assure submission of program and project information
for inclusion in the Capital Investment Program consistent with board policy B-11-02
, Highway Development Program.