Course 2 - ITD Project Management Life Cycle
Course 2.3 - Execution / Monitor / Control and Closure Stages
Audience: ITD Project Managers
Duration: 1 day (estimated)
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, attendees will understand and be able to apply best practices of project management principles within the Execution / Monitor / Control, and Closure Stages of the ITD Project Life Cycle. Specifically, they will be able to:
- Identify the project management principles performed during the Execution / Monitor / Control and Closure Stages.
- Track a project's Actual Schedule against a Baseline Schedule.
- Understand Budget and Cash Flow Management.
- Implement the Communication Management Plan.
- Manage the Risk Management Plan.
- Manage Project changes.
- Conduct a Lessons Learned process.
Execution, Monitor, and Control Stage
- Course Objectives
- Review: ITD Project Phases
- Review: ITD Project Management Life Cycle
- Review: The Triple Constraint
- Team Exercise
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Management Plans
- MS Project Tracking Gantt Chart
- The Project Baseline
- Progress Tracking
- Communication Management
- Budget / Cash Flow Management
- Risk Management Plan
- PSS - Risk Management
- PSS - Risk List
- Issue Management
- Issues List
- Project Change Management
- Project Change Request
- Updating the Project Charter
- Exercise: Updating the Project Charter
- Lessons Learned
- Lessons Learned Log
- Final Steps
- Review Key Concepts
- Preview of the Next ITD PM Academy Course