Course 1 - Introduction to ITD Project Management
Audience: ITD Project Managers
Duration: 1/2 day (estimated)
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, attendees will:
- Understand the benefits of project management and its application to ITD.
- Be able to define the ITD Project Phases and Project Stages.
- Be able to identify Essential Project Management Principles.
Project Phases & Project Stages
- Course Objectives
- What is Project Management?
- Why Project Management?
- A Brief History of Modern PM
- Project Management Maturity Model
- Benefits of Project Management
- ITD PM Academy Curriculum
Essential Project Management Principles
- ITD Project Phases
- ITD Project Management Life Cycle Stages
- Initiation Stage
- Planning Stage
- Execution, Monitor and Control Stage
- Closure Stage
- Managing Expectations
- Project Organizational Chart
- Project Stakeholders
- Roles and Responsibilities for Key Stakeholders
- Questions for Project Sponsors and Project Owners to Ask Project Managers
- The Triple Constraint
- Tools to Improve Project Delivery and Consistency
- Review Key Concepts
- Preview of the Next ITD PM Academy Course