Utility & Railroad General Information
The Utility and Railroad Sections have overall responsibility for all
agreements, and utility hearings, and railroad encroachments
connected with the installation or relocation of utility facilities
within the State Highway System and other highway improvement
projects using Federal-Aid funding.
The function of the Utility and Railroad Sections is to:
- facilitate with Districts for utility permits
- coordinate with Districts and headquarters for utility hearings and utility/railroad agreements.
- assist with resolving conflicts with Utilities and Railroads during permitted and highway improvement activities.
- ensure that State and Federal laws, policies, and procedures are followed.
- maintain records of utility and railroad agreements.
Utilities & Railroads